May 15th, 2013
I’m not too sure I know what is going on here. I wanted it to be a landscape of a town ‘intersection’ where there is a large library on the right and some kind of sales stand on the left. and some stuff in the background. I need a lot of practice with landscapes. and cleaning up my sketches. just trying to do at least one a day so they are getting messy.
May 13th, 2013
Anique gaming in her underwear.. and shoes.
May 1st, 2013
Wow I haven’t posted in here for ages. I have mostly been active on Tumblr though! I know, it’s not the same. Those are shorter more random posts, anyway.
On another note, I am FINALLY working on a site redesign for Kina Ink. It will be a design that matches the site I just finished for my portfolio, www.kinaforney.com. I created KinaForney.com as a website for my professional work. it includes projects I’ve been working on at my day job with Jaxco / Charleston Wrap, as well as some freelance work I’ve been doing. Here’s a screencap of it, but just click it if you want to visit the site itself.
I used a theme from ThemeForest to complete it, then customized it. I’m really happy with the results and it’s been great to work with something that I can update so quickly! I love coding on my own and making my own websites, but in the end it just takes too long to do everything from scratch with HTML/CSS. At least I know that I can do it, and now I can use templates to make things quickly and give them my own personal touch.
Preview of my new portfolio website!
So the other news is that I was accepted to the Artist Alley at Anime Weekend Atlanta! It takes place September 27th-29th. See their site for more info, at www.awa-con.com. I’m super excited and there are a ton of things that I want to make that I really hope I’ll be able to on time. I’m going to make a little to-do list more for my own personal reference as to what I want to do and/or make for the convention.
- * New business cards (I’m actually just running low on my current ones, plus I want to make double sided ones where one side is for Kina Ink, and the other side is for KinaForney.com)
- * At least 2 more vinyl sticker designs, colourful animal designs perhaps, or something with a heavily “inked” feel to it
- * One rave themed sticker sheet (Kikwear inspired)
- * An owl sticker sheet design (that I’m almost finished, actually)
- * At least one stationery design (maybe a notepad, post-its, or to-do list design)
- * Get my Kikwear images printed on posters (in progress.. waiting on printer’s proofs to approve)
- * At least 5 poster sized images of personal artwork (hah.. wishful thinking, but I am aiming for it)
- * At least one piece to submit to the art show, hopefully a painting, if AWA has one (still gotta research that one)
- * SHOES. The super high tops that I have.. am thinking of an Adventure Time theme. May want to use as a giveaway/raffle item.
- * At least 5 poster sized fanart images (so far I think I will do an Evangelion, Miyazaki, FMA Brotherhood, Black Butler, and XXXHolic themed group pics)
- * Dump all of my old prints into a giant dollar bin because I am SO tired of having the same stuff for display year after year
- * FINALLY complete my Harry Potter bookmark set
- * Use some of the fanart & original posters to make fanart bookmarks & mini prints
- * At least one piece of apparel; silkscreen Tshirts most likely, an original design (I have a “clients from hell” theme I’ve been playing around with in my head)
- * Finish at least one hand-painted item (I have a screened canvas bag of an owl waiting to be painted)
- * Mid-sized prints (11×17) and small sized prints (8.5×11) of all the poster sized art done
- * Crochet items 75% off (I doubt I will be crocheting anything for this year, just way too time consuming for the $ amount of return)
If you have anything you want to see this year at AWA, PLEASE let me know! I love to hear suggestions. Anything you’d want artwork on, such as stationery or apparel, bags or shoes.. let me know just by commenting here or on my Facebook Page! <3
February 21st, 2013
I’ve been working on this on and off for months now, and I finally finished it today! I am really happy with it <3 So happy in fact, that I am making stickers of it that will be included free with every order from my shop and with every mailed commission <3 Stay tuned for the stickers!
January 3rd, 2013
So I’ve been absent from the computer for the holidays. Visiting family will do that. I sort of forget about this side of the world when I’m with my family. I haven’t been drawing at all, but I have been crocheting. It seems to be a holiday thing too ^_^
Anyway, here is some artwork that I did around the holidays but never got around to posting. Enjoy it as a late Christmas present! <3
Commissioned artworks done for Christmas:
December 7th, 2012
I was recently completely HONOURED by winning Kikwear’s Facebook post contest. You can see the details HERE!
Anyway, they asked me to follow it up with another image. Then I remembered that the CEO was interviewed and asked if Kikwear were an animal, what animal would it be? And he replied, “A Cheetah”, so I just HAD to draw her! <3
And my neverending love for big pants continues.
No name yet, but I designed her, for Kikwear.
Sai for line art, and Photoshop for colours and background.
December 4th, 2012
A sketch commission I did for a friend of her and her family <3
If you would like one done before/for Christmas, now is the time to ask!
The sketch is digital, so I can get more details in. Printed, on cardstock, 8.5x11. $40 for the image (unless you want it cleaned up and coloured, then we can discuss the price if that's the case), plus shipping if you want a print, or I can just send you the digital file. Contact me if you are interested.
Only 3 weeks until Christmas!
November 28th, 2012
A couple new pictures, but that’s about it! We were out of town for Thanksgiving weekend and busy with family so I didn’t get much art time. But I did finally finish my picture that I created for the Kikwear Facebook Post contest! I’m really happy with how the picture came out, I spent a while on it. I can’t post this without giving credit to Shiin, who created this kickass awesome character, named Yumi. Anyway, “Like” the Kikwear Facebook page to see the winner, being announced on December 3rd! Keep your fingers crossed for my entry!!
November 19th, 2012
My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kinaink
I’m trying to clear out my old toys and start fresh! I have a bunch of these little dudes left around my office/studio/craft room and they are just collecting dust! They are in desperate need of new homes. Bring one home for the holidays today
I also have stickers, buttons and artwork in my shop, so go take a look!